What is Primary School Sport Premium?
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, is allocated to primary school headteachers.
The vision is for all pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and life-long participation in physical activity and sport.
In the academic year September 2018 - August 2019, Bond Primary School will receive a grant of £20,180
What is the Purpose of the Funding?
Schools and academies must spend the additional funding on the self-sustaining improvement of their provision of PE and Sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
How does the school spend the Primary School Sport Premium?
Please see the annual plans and reports below.
What has been the Impact of Primary School Sport Premium spending at Bond Primary School?
- Increased pupil participation in physical activities
- Enhanced, extended, inclusive extra-curricular sports activity provision
- Varied range of physical activities as part of a more inclusive Academy
- curriculum that engages and inspires all pupils
- Improved positive attitudes to health and well-being
- Positive steps in fighting childhood obesity
- Improved behaviour and attendance and reduction of low level disruption
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport